10 Jan Pinterest Taught Me How To: Volume XV
January is the month of organizing, is it not? Fresh start, fresh eyes, the holidays and all of the ensuing craziness is behind us, and we want to find a way to make our lives a little easier and a little more calming through…storage solutions. It sounds a bit silly to type that, but it’s true, right? I have been trying to reorganize one area a week – one drawer, one closet, one little space. I will share some of these soon, but I thought this week’s Pinterest Taught Me How To should include easy, “you could do this in one day” storage solutions.
1. How To Make Window Box Storage – I really like to use baskets on a wall as storage, and this idea is so simple and really great looking! You could take any basket and add a little loop of twine or ribbon to make them hang on the wall, but the baskets used here are actually wicker window boxes from Lowes! Therefore, they already have the loop, and you know they will be good and strong. You could buy these and some hooks, and be good to go in an hour or so.
2. How To Store Wrapping Paper – I could not find a source for this, but I thought it was a genius idea and fairly self-explanatory. I would imagine most of us have a closet or cabinet with this teeny little space on the side. Using one of those wire shelves from your local hardware store, turn it sideways, screw in it, and voila, wrapping paper storage!
3. How To Store Spray Bottles – I could not find a source for this either, but I thought this was a terrific way to free up valuable real estate underneath your sink. I always feel my under sink area is not organized very well, but it is such a strange space, I’m not sure exactly what to do. This, at least, is a start! Plus how easy is it to grab a tension rod at the grocery store? This is a less-than-five-minute storage solution sure to make you feel a little better about your organization skills.
4. How To Gain More Storage In Your Pantry – I thought it was such a smart idea to get pencil holders and attach them to the little side wall in a pantry for extra storage for spices, etc. This article has an entire pantry makeover which is fun, but that bonus storage had me at hello. I LOVE turning little spaces like this into useful organization!
5. How To Turn Old Suitcases Into Storage – I see old suitcases everywhere, and you can usually grab them for a great price. I am loving how these are made to create cute under bed storage! These are painted (although you could leave the original color if desired, and it would still look great in my opinion), and they added casters on the bottom for easy-peasy sliding in and out. Awesome idea!
Here are a couple of ideas I couldn’t resist because they are pretty, and it makes me happy just thinking about them.
Chalkboard paint, hooks, and some pretty writing, and you are set. I really like this idea! I would love having my measuring cups and spoons this organized!
Once I get my linen closet organized (hopefully this will happen soon), I’m going to put the correct sheets and pillowcases together and tie them with ribbon. Won’t it be nice to have everything together? It’s going to be beautifully organized, and I can’t wait to show you my ideas. This photo is from my very favorite store in Fort Worth called Simple Things, and if you live nearby (or you don’t), you should go there because it is fantastic. I seriously always leave there feeling refreshed, it is wonderfully inspiring!
See you next week, have a great weekend!