Kohler Brockway Sink

{design savvy}

{design savvy}

While researching some bathroom design ideas, I came across this sink.  It is the Kohler Brockway sink, and it comes in a two faucet version and a three faucet version.  Although it slightly pains my heart that I did not see this before we had to redo the kids/guest bathroom, I can file it away for many years when we may enlarge that bathroom a bit.  It has a weird hallway leading to it, and a closet on the other side, so we could make it a much more comfortable size.  Looking to the future, it’s pretty small for four “big” kids, two of which will be girls, although we are six people sharing it currently.  I know, I know, more to come on that…

But isn’t it awesome?

The base comes black, and you can leave it as is or paint it like other people have done.  The basin is made of cast iron.

{houzz}

{houzz

{april foster}

{april foster}

{decorpad}

{decorpad}

There is a sort of whimsicality that comes with the brighter, painted versions.

{source unknown}

{source unknown}

{source unknown}

{source unknown}

{ohdeedoh}

{ohdeedoh}

{source unknown}

{source unknown}

Even though this is not the Brockway, it is stunning so I had to include it.  It is probably a true antique version of this look, and the wood surround is to die for!

{hgtv}

{hgtv}

A big con of the Brockway would have to be counter surface for toothpaste, etc., but I’m assuming you could build a vanity around it if desired?  However, would that take away from the look?

What do you think?  Would you want this in your bathroom?

18 Responses to “Kohler Brockway Sink”

1. Lindsey July 29, 2013 at 10:56 am #

I LOVE the last picture featured! Thanks for sharing!

• Grace July 30, 2013 at 2:27 am #

Thanks Lindsey!

2. Sarah wolfe July 29, 2013 at 11:18 am #

I saw those when we were building. I never checked them out bc i was too overwhelmed :)The downfall for me was lack of storage when the kids were older and had deodorant, brushes, razors, etc. I thought we would need drawers and countertops For practicality. But the look is my favorite!!!

• Grace July 30, 2013 at 2:28 am #

Yeah, that’s the thing…why is beauty not always practical? 😉

3. Susan M. July 29, 2013 at 11:44 am #

I love, Love, LOVE it installed in the bath that is obviously for children and appears to be a beach house??? (http://www.astoriedstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/5e3637d5310f0f682c3530ac674055b0.jpg) How darling when combined with the stools, buckets for dirty clothes and those mini-mirrors. Not necessarily for me in my traditional home, but it sure would be if I had a cottage/home at the beach or on a lake!

• Grace July 30, 2013 at 2:29 am #

YES!! I actually have a “Lake House” folder on my computer. 🙂 No, I don’t have one, but I think it would be so fun to design!

4. dervla @ the curator July 29, 2013 at 12:41 pm #

i would definitely have this in my bathroom, if i ever had one big enough! I love the two faucet version, seems a bit more homey. The 3 child one seems like something you’d see in a school bathroom.

• Grace July 30, 2013 at 2:31 am #

Hi Dervla, yeah, I think the three faucet one takes up eight feet! Eight feet of fabulousness. 🙂 I love them both! Thanks for your comment! G

5. Nina July 29, 2013 at 1:21 pm #

Fabulous sinks! The colored ones win, hands down. I think the storage issue could be solved by a vanity to the side, like the ones in the room with the brown walls. I think building a surround takes away from it. I wonder if water pressure is affected if you have multiple faucets running at the same time (dumb question? I have no idea.) ?

• Grace July 30, 2013 at 2:32 am #

Hi Nina, I laughed at your water pressure question only because that is totally something I would think about. Maybe because we have lived in old houses so long now? 😉

I’m with you, bring on the color! G

6. Erin July 29, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

It is gorgeous – I love it. I actually like the idea of hiding away all the clutter in a medicine cabinet above, which lets the shape of the sink stand for itself. (I might be biased, though, our vanities at home are a chronic pit of despair!)

• Grace July 30, 2013 at 2:33 am #

Erin, doesn’t every one have something that is a chronic pit of despair at their house? 😉 I too love the look alone.

7. Emily July 29, 2013 at 5:07 pm #

I am so glad you shared this! ~~~LUV IT~~~

• Grace July 30, 2013 at 2:33 am #

Thanks Emily!

8. Megan Clark March 29, 2014 at 11:42 pm #

I have a two-faucet Brockway sitting in my master bedroom right now, just waiting to be mounted/installed in our soon-to-be-tiled master bath. I’m a little concerned about counter space, but plan to have a shelf right below the mirror for all our toiletries. The aesthetic is too good not to compromise on counter space, hands-down.

• Grace April 4, 2014 at 12:09 pm #