Home Depot Style Challenge

If you are a regular follower of the blog (and if you aren’t, you can be, by subscribing!  see the sidebar to enter your email!), you know how thrilled I am to be one of the Home Depot Style Challenge contributors this year!  I thought there were ten or so other bloggers participating, but there are actually 18!

And yes, I’m still a bit intimidated.  Just a bit.  Really, I am more excited than anything.  There is a TON of creative talent here, and I am so honored to be a part of it.  Here’s my little blurb (eek!):

Grace blogs at A Storied Style. When she isn’t updating her 1920s Texas home, she’s helping clients realize their own decorating dreams. Grace has already dropped some tantalizing clues about what’s she’s doing for the Patio Style Challenge on her blog.

Here are some more “tantalizing clues” of what I am putting together for my revitalized space…

1.  Mirrors – these are an unexpected element in an outdoor space, which of course, I like.

decorpad

decorpad

Elle Decor

Elle Decor

Bright and Beautiful

Bright and Beautiful

design indulgence

design indulgence

2.  Art – yes, you are reading that correctly.  It can be done, folks!

rethink good

rethink good

coastal living

coastal living

3.  Drapery – I LOVE the romantic feel these bring, plus the added privacy is a definite bonus!

source unknown

source unknown

source unknown

source unknown

source unknown

source unknown

I would love it if you would follow along with all of my inspiration and ideas by clicking here!

Do you have any outdoor space ideas brewing for the Spring/Summer?  Do you have an idea for me that you would love to see come to life?  I’d love to hear from you!

8 Responses to “Home Depot Style Challenge”

1. Melissa March 4, 2013 at 7:49 am #

Can’t wait to see how you use art!

• Grace March 5, 2013 at 5:29 pm #

Hi Melissa, I’m still trying to figure out all the details, but I definitely want to use it in some way. Stay tuned. 😉 Thank you for your comment! G

2. Tiffany March 4, 2013 at 8:54 am #

Such great ideas! I love Home Depot, I actually work there part time to support myself through my interior design degree! I work in decor, with all the drapery and mirrors. Can’t wait to see what products you use!

• Grace March 5, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

Oh neat, Tiffany! So you will know firsthand what these products look like in real life! I’m really excited about the patio set I’m getting, it is so so pretty! Yay! G

3. Susan March 4, 2013 at 11:18 am #

I’ve just discovered your blog and I LOVE it! As a new blogge I’m so inspired. Can’t wait to see what you do in this challenge!

Susan
    simplymodernhome.com

• Grace March 5, 2013 at 5:32 pm #

Hi Susan, thank you so much! I actually feel pretty “green” myself still – I have been blogging for a year. There is SO much to learn, but we plug along, right? So happy you found me, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. G

4. Anyclean September 4, 2013 at 4:45 am #

These design ideas are fabulous. I love curtains, vases and other decorative elements and when they are combined in such a great way, you can really transform the look of a property.

• Grace September 5, 2013 at 10:02 am #