Hello! Hope you all are having a great week! As much as I love Christmas and my Christmas makeover, I thought I would take a little holiday break today and show you my drab-to-fab settees. Frankly, I’m super excited about them and couldn’t wait to show you! Don’t worry though, for those of you waiting for more tutorials and details on my holiday challenge space, they are coming soon! (Hanging Wreath tutorial here in case you missed it)
But let’s start at the beginning. When I bought these vintage Bernhardt settees for $150 at an estate sale.
Then I tried to strip them myself. (it did not go well) Which led me to writing this article about DIY fails. It was a sad day.
But I called the experts (Little Jack Horner’s if you live in the DFW area), and they fixed my mess and gave my settees the beautiful grey wash finish I was dreaming of.
Then came the difficult decision of the upholstery. (see this post) The world was my oyster, and I was having a hard time narrowing down ideas and finding the perfect fabric. For several months, the settees looked like the image below, with patterns rotating in and out.
I thought I had decided, and there were roadblocks so I started again. I knew I wanted a wide stripe down the middle of the front (tons of great inspiration here!), and something striking on the back. Well, the upholsterer brought them back last week, and my jaw dropped. Finally, nearly a year after purchasing them (oy vey), my settees are here, sitting in my living room, in all their makeover glory.