How is everyone out there? Are you cold? It is FREEZING here in my part of the world, in the great state of Texas. It’s about twenty degrees outside, which is an improvement from yesterday, and I cannot even remember when we have had temperatures this cold. It is nutso. Kindergarten ended up letting out early yesterday, so I shelved my post and cuddled with my babies.
In today’s “Pinterest Taught Me How To”, I’ve got practical mixed with frivolous fun like “How To Throw A Downton Abbey Dinner Party”. Enjoy.
1. How To Know If Your Eggs Are Fresh – This little how-to is especially important if you eat farm fresh eggs, but I would use it with my regular grocery store bought eggs too, especially if I have had them for awhile. I use this little tip all the time, and I’m always so happy I am taking the time to do it when I see an egg bob to the top! (I could not find a source for this photo.)
2. How To Style A Chain Braid – Have you ever heard of a chain braid? I had not until I discovered it via this Pinterest photo. It’s pretty, right? And fairly easy to do since it looks like it is not really that much different than a regular french braid. I kind of want to do one on my daughter as soon as I finish typing this post. : )
3. How To Throw A Historically Accurate Downton Abbey Dinner Party – Maybe I’m a nerd (okay, yes I am a nerd), but I am really interested in all of the intricate details that went into meals during the period Downton Abbey is based on. The inches from this or that, and the angles from this to that…fascinating! The article I linked to has fun graphics like this,
and I think it would be super fun to get some girlfriends together to throw one of these. Perhaps a season finale party???
4. How To Get Perfectly Shaped Eyebrows – I’ve always had rather plush eyebrows. I really disliked it during the 90’s when everyone had pencil thin brows, and my eyebrows were completely opposite of that style. My mother wouldn’t let me pluck them, and of course, she was totally right. Soon the fad was over, and everyone mostly went back to normal looking brows. I don’t pluck mine often, okay really ever, and normally it takes a good friend to say, “what is happening here?”, to remind me it is time to tone them down a bit. In fact, while in the hotel at Alt, I noticed it was probably time to groom them, and I had no tweezers. And now they’re packed away in a box because of my bathroom remodel. Such is life. But perhaps I should buy a pair and sit down with this article. This is quite a long paragraph about eyebrows. : )
5. How To Know When To Throw Food Out – Just a handy little chart to remind you how long it is okay to keep food. I always question my meat, so this is a good guideline. I like to have these types of charts readily available when I am having an inner quandary, so maybe I should create a charts Pinterest board. ; )
Bonus: I discovered this company, and I think these boxes would make the most adorable party favors ever! I mean, a retro oven cupcake box? Whaaaatttt?? Check it out, plus I love the retro camper one that holds three cupcakes!
Stay warm. See you next week! xo