I’ve got more Fall related activities, decor, and food ideas this week, EASY party food (that looks straight up professional), plus find out what to do with makeup to make your skin glow!
1. How To Autumn Dot Trees (kids project) – I LOVE this idea, and have had it up on my computer all week. This could be really cute fall decor for your home, or you could turn it into a “Happy Fall” card. So easy, so cute, any child of any age could do it. I kind of want to be BFF’s with Jones Design Company, her blog and projects and ideas are beautiful. (and her thoughts are honest and heartfelt)
This next “Pinterest Taught Me How To” is dedicated to my three-yeard-old daughter, whom I had this exact conversation with this past week.
Daughter: Mommy, you have blood under your eyes.
Me: What? No, I don’t! Where do you see blood?
Daughter: Right there (pointing), the red and pink and purple.
Me: (realization hits) No honey, that’s not blood, those are called dark circles.
Ah the beautiful honesty of children!
2. How To Highlight (all areas of your face) – This article gives lots of easy to follow advice for how to highlight areas of your face to give you that special I-slept-all-night-did-yoga-this-morning-and-then-got-a-facial glow. Plus the author tells you what highlighters she likes and why – good information! (and apparently information I need)
3. How To Make Squirrel & Log Cookies – Okay okay, I know these look a little scary, BUT the steps seem very easy to follow, and the detail on the frosting is not as hard as it looks. If you can make lines with a paintbrush, you can do this. (those logs are cookies!!)
4. How To Throw A Party & Cook NO Food – You guys, this could revolutionize the frequency of get-togethers at my house (well, that, and when we are not a a construction zone anymore!) How amazing does this food look, and seriously, these are all store bought items she tweeked to look super time consuming and Martha Stewart made-from-scratch-esque. GENIUS!!
5. How To Make A Jack ‘O Plantern – Aren’t these so fun and different? And really, the only difference is that instead of a candle in the middle, you put plants. So smart, so creative. I had actually already planned on having plants come out of the top of my pumpkins this year on my front porch, but the jack ‘o lantern idea is darling, too.
There you have it, this week’s top 5 in “Pinterest Taught Me How To”. But wait, I do have a bonus picture! (which is usually something I think is funny/slightly ridiculous)
There are elements of this that made me smile, but maybe it will be helpful for all of us! (wink)