Here’s to another Friday and another “Pinterest Taught Me How To”. This week was a big one in the Mitchell household with it being the first week of kindergarten for my oldest. (and preschool also started this week, too.) And yes, I did shed a few tears when I got home from dropping him off that first day of school. I’m missing my sweet boy during the day, and his siblings are missing him, too. He’s loving school though.
He is never short on enthusiasm. Where did he get that from? (wink)
Let’s get to it…
1. How To Display Travel Souvenirs – There are tons of cute ideas in this well-written article about how to showcase all of the tangible memories of your travels. The photography is quite good (isn’t that suitcase wall darling?), and keeping these mementoes artfully out is definitely better than putting them in a box. I would be interested to hear what you do with your travel souvenirs.
2. How To Closet Cleanse – The seasons are beginning to change (well, at least in some parts of the country), and that means wardrobe switch-a-roos. I am probably due a purge, and this article had some great, practical ideas on how to clean out your closet efficiently. I did laugh when the author stated, “Try on each item of clothing with a normal bra and good underwear. Ask yourself some tough questions.” Ha! As I have gotten older, I have gotten better at weeding things I don’t love from my wardrobe (and not buying them, for that matter). But there is still some weeding to do, my friends.
3. How To Turn Your Family Images Into A Coloring Book – The instructions on how to do this are clear, but I believe it would take a bit of time to actually complete this project. However, wouldn’t this make a terrific gift? Especially for your favorite artistic niece or nephew? I’m definitely filing this away for the future.
4. How To Create Gilt Botanical Art – Isn’t this a lovely idea? Even if you are a timid DIY-er, you can do this. They look especially attractive displayed in a group, and you can probably gather most of the plants or ferns you need in your own neighborhood. I would imagine the ferns would lose their fresh green color after awhile, but it would be easy to change them out. For Fall decor, it might even be pretty to do leaves that have already changed colors!
5. How To Five Day Whole Food Meal Plan – My friend, Shalene, killed it this week with this great post on a five day whole food meal plan. A few years ago, I planned meals every week – I wrote them down on the calendar, and I shopped from the coordinating grocery list I made. Around kid #3, I stopped being so official and planned in my head. I still plan in my head, but I would like to start writing things down again. I think it helps me be more mindful of dinner as an event, and truthfully, the meals are probably better when I am consistently writing them down and planning them accordingly. All that to say, a special thanks to Shalene for spurring me on. And you guys should definitely check her plan out – it includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all five days!!
Also, please don’t forget to vote for my friend, Kelly Kay, in the Martha Stewart American Made Awards! It seriously takes less than thirty seconds, and you can vote six times a day right in a row! Voting for this round ends September 17th, and it would mean so much if you could take the time to vote (and vote daily). If you are a small business owner, you know how much work it takes to make it, the courage it takes to press on, and the heart and devotion it takes to make sure your product can stay “Made in the USA”.
Have a happy weekend!