Welcome to this Friday’s “Pinterest Taught Me How To”: Fall Edition. Yes, it seems everyone is talking about Fall, though it definitely still feels like summer here in Texas. (which by the way, I LOVE – I will take 100 degrees over 30 any day of the week!)
Of course, I can still get into the Fall spirit, especially when I take in all of this fun Fall decor. Enjoy!
1. How To Wear The Fall Trends 2013 – Yes, I know you are DYING to know the Fall trends for this year so here you have them. My thoughts…I could definitely get into the “Rustic American” look. Also, I will always love wool shorts and tights. P.S. I ADORE the outfit above, though I like things a bit more simple when it comes to jewelry.
2. How To Make A Fall Leaf Pillow – Switching out pillows is an easy way to add instant holiday style to a room. I have a few festive pillows of my own I bring out every year, but I thought this pillow was cute and easy. The author purchased her large felt leaf at a dollar store (is anyone else surprised by this?! My dollar store would not have anything this cute!), but it would be a breeze to make your own with a felt sheet from any craft store.
3. How To Make A Pumpkin Planter – I always like finding new centerpiece ideas, and this one is very pleasing. For my table, I would use two or three different sized pumpkins that were not of the same variety. Greenery like rosemary or a flowy fern would be my choices for the plant coming from the pumpkin. I would want it to feel earthy and natural.
Of course, these would be really nice outside, too.
3. How To Make A Burlap Wreath – Turn your love of burlap into a wreath for your front door or mantle. This would be a terrific project for all of the fun holiday burlap they sell at Joanns! I especially like the bright orange wreath!
4. How To Make A Concrete Pumpkin – I have never worked with concrete before, but I have really been wanting to try it for the last six months or so. What I love about this tutorial is you are creating something you can take out year after year. I feel like Fall decor is a lot of throw-away stuff (pumpkins, gourds, etc.), and this is a good way to be a little more green in your autumn decorating. (plus you’ll save a little green in the long run) The concrete pumpkin planter and the concrete jack o’lantern paired together is so great! Well done, Fox Hollow Cottage!
5. How To Create A Simple Fall Front Porch – I still love my Fall porch decor from last year. You really can’t go wrong with pumpkin topiaries.
Have a fun weekend!