Hope you all had a terrific 4th of July! I have a few summer-y “how to’s” in here today for ya, mixed in with some “I wonder how I could…” solutions I have pondered this week. Enjoy!
1. How To Pick and Cut a Watermelon – If you have ever stood in the grocery store and wondered how in the heck you pick a good watermelon, this article is for you. Thumping means nothing to me, I could thump a million watermelons, and they would all seem the same. The other guidelines she lays out are super helpful and easy to replicate.
2. How To Clean Brass Correctly – Super informative article on how to clean brass – solid brass AND brass plated (plus how to tell the difference). I love vintage brass decor, so I have a ton of items I need to work on!
3. How To Use the Button Foot On Your Sewing Machine – Is anyone else out there super intimidated by their button foot or making buttonholes? I am, I will admit. This lays it all out there for ya. Maybe I will attempt this next week!
4. How To Get Rid of Fruit Flies – ‘Tis the season for fruit flies, am I right? So irritating! Find out how to successfully get rid of them, using nontoxic ingredients (only three!). Best of all, you probably have all three of them in your cabinet!
5. How To Choose A Ripe Pineapple – So yes, I have two “how to pick a fruit” links this week, but watermelons and pineapples are both tricky! This article also gives you some tips for cutting a pineapple, but I was most happy to find out the easy way to tell if one is ready.
Have an awesome weekend!