Hello all, happy Friday! I decided to start a new series entitled “Pinterest Taught Me How To” this week. I will be posting this series every Friday.
Frequently, I search “how to” problems online and usually end up on Pinterest, so I thought it would be fun (and hopefully helpful!) to post some interesting “how to” tidbits I have found there.
1. How To Make A Lamp Cordless – I get frustrated by where to plug lamps in a room. A lamp will look so pretty in one place, but there will not be a plug there (i.e. in the middle of a room on top of a sofa table) This tutorial will show you how to make any lamp cordless, and there is also a link in it for how to do this to shaded lamps. (I love the update where she posts that you can get a bulb that screws in vs. using the reel lights – read Kelly’s tutorial at View Along The Way, and you will see what I mean) Nice job, Kelly!
2. How To Make a Moustache Cake – Brittany over at Love Stitched has snuggled up to the moustache craze (it is a craze, yes?) and created this easy moustache cake tutorial. Super cute, super simple, and probably super yum!
3. How To Deadhead Flowers – It is getting to be pretty hot here in Texas which means I am probably not watering as often as I should, and subsequently means I have some plants with shriveled, dried-up buds. Sometimes I am not sure I am pruning my flowers correctly, and there are some good tips in this article. Plus a nice little container garden tutorial!
4. How To Hairstyles That Will Keep You Cool This Summer – My hair is long, and I was excited to get some stylish looking ideas for it for the hot months. Maybe I will actually attempt to do something with it other than wad it up in a rubberband. (like it usually is) Braids are all the rage, and I would love to master the look below!
5. How To Poach Eggs – There is hardly any dish I like to eat more than Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon (or crab for that matter!). Poaching eggs seems so easy from this tutorial, and I think I may have the confidence to try it myself now! Have you ever poached eggs? Or do you have a favorite hollandaise sauce recipe? In my opinion, the flavor of the hollandaise sauce is key.
Hope you enjoyed what I chose for this Friday’s “Pinterest Taught Me How To”! See you back here Monday, have a great weekend!