Safavieh Palmer X-bench

Palmer x-bench as featured in House Beautiful

Palmer x-bench as featured in House Beautiful

I think an ottoman/bench or two is a must in nearly every living room, large or small.  They don’t take up too much space (they are easily tucked away under a console table), you can style them many different ways (with a tray, a throw, books, etc.), and they are instant extra seating.  Win-win-win.  If you have done much home shopping in the last few years, I’m sure you have seen some X-benches out there.  Vintage ones are awesome and hard to find, and price points are all over the board (Target had an x-bench or two in one of their recent Threshold lines), but I think the best-made, biggest bang-for-your-buck x-bench out there is the Safavieh Palmer x-bench.  It comes in a million different colors and retails around $200.

Safavieh Palmer Bench Colors

Safavieh Palmer Bench Colors

I have long liked the aqua blue colorway with gray piping.  The nickel nailheads are individually hammered in versus those nailhead strips you see sometimes.

Luckily for me, I popped in my local Home Goods the other day and snagged one for $99!  Happy day!

Because real life pictures are always better than stock photos, here’s what she looks like.  And you better believe I am calling all of the other Home Goods around here with the style number trying to find her long lost twin sister.  They need to be reunited, don’t you think?

Even if I don’t find her twin though, I will be content with just the single.  A hundred bucks is such a steal for an x-bench I don’t have to do anything to!

Are you into x-benches?  Do you have any ottoman/bench type seating in your living room?

10 Responses to “Safavieh Palmer X-bench”

1. Sarah Wolfe April 9, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

I may have to stop by home goods today and see what they have. You find the best stuff.

• Grace April 9, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

Sarah! Yes, they had a couple more…maybe brown? The Home Goods in Mansfield is always a good stop too – it’s not as picked over. Hope you find one you love! xoxo, G

2. Julie April 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm #

Awesome find! Lucky you 😉

• Grace April 15, 2013 at 7:09 am #

Thanks Julie! If you have a Home Goods near you, I would go check it out! Hope you find one! Thank you so much for reading and your comment! G

3. Lynn Wolf April 9, 2013 at 6:58 pm #

Love,love a good bench/ottoman. I have 2 in my living room and another in the entry under a console table. Not just for looks, we really do use them a lot. Great in guest rooms too!

• Grace April 15, 2013 at 7:09 am #

Hi Lynn, yes! I love mine, too! Every time we entertain, I am so grateful we have them! Thank you so much for reading and for your comment! G

4. Melissa April 10, 2013 at 7:12 am #

I had no idea that Safaveih made furniture and especially not that wonderful x bench! Grace, thank you for the education. I love your blog.

• Grace April 15, 2013 at 7:10 am #

Melissa, thank you so much! I’m so happy you are enjoying the blog and learning from it! I am constantly trying to think of posts and material I can write to be helpful for my readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, G

5. Chelo Iniguez June 21, 2013 at 2:26 am #

Consider durability. Benches are made for sitting and not for decoration alone, so choose the ones you’re sure will do the job.

• Grace June 26, 2013 at 2:45 am #

Chelo, absolutely! I never buy anything for looks around here, too many little people for that. 🙂 G