Chevron Bathroom Tile Floors

How many of you are on the chevron bandwagon?  It has been quite the trend the past several years, and its hold is still strong.  I have wondered though…is this really what we can call a trend?  Yes, it is more popular right now, but the design has been around since the beginning of time, and I think it is basic enough to always be in vogue.  What do you think?

When the kids bathroom came through the living room a year and  half ago, we had to redo the  bathroom a little ahead of time.  Woops!  I seriously wanted chevron tile floors, but it just didn’t work out, and I have regretted it from time to time.  Would I have gotten tired of them?  Hmmm…

Take a gander at these beauties.

bgdb interior design

source unknown

source unknown

source unknown

source unknown

anthony todd

anthony todd

This is probably my favorite!

mary macdonald

mary macdonald

The marble options are gorgeous, too!

ann sacks

ann sacks

decorpad

decorpad

Are you this wild?

munkeywench - tumblr

munkeywench – tumblr

And I’m throwing this in because I love it.  The tile, not the cat.  We’ll just pretend this is a bathroom to go with the theme.

decor8

decor8

Could you do chevron tile in your bathroom?

7 Responses to “Chevron Bathroom Tile Floors”

1. Sarah Mayo February 15, 2013 at 11:34 am #

I’m with you…on the fence if I’m tired of it or it’s a classic that’s just more popular now! But when I start seeing it in Children’s clothing and in big box retails on EVERYTHING from notecards to pencils in the $1 spot I get a little weary of it….however I do still like it:)

• Grace February 18, 2013 at 2:13 pm #

Hi Sarah, I know, right? I think done subtly, it will always be in style. We shall see! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! G

2. Elizabeth February 18, 2013 at 10:30 pm #

I really think I’m over chevron in home textiles, wallpapers and such, especially if it has a stark contrast. Or is hot pink. But as a flooring pattern, and done in a subtle way, I will always swoon.

• Grace February 19, 2013 at 7:24 am #

Hi Elizabeth, I totally agree. I think the stark contrast chevron will fade away, but the more subtle version will always be a classic. And chevron floors? I die! Especially wood ones! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. G

3. Bathroom tile refinishing March 26, 2013 at 10:32 am #

Serious lover of your blog, a considerable number of your blog posts have really helped me out. Looking towards updates!

• Grace March 26, 2013 at 9:47 pm #

Thanks so much!

4. toilet plumbing April 1, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

Patterned tiles can be seen in most contemporary bathroom designs. Most of these tiles will immediately and dramatically affect the look of your bathroom but take care not to cover the entire room in them.