Lavender – Yes or No?

downsizemyspace.com

downsizemyspace.com

Have you been noticing all of the lavender in shelter mags as of late?  How do you feel about a lavender room?  I prefer it to be more gray than purple, but I think it can make a space feel very soothing.  I am not much of a purple person, but lavender grey I can deal with.  What do you guys think?  Could you go for a lavender room?  Lavender accents?

8 Responses to “Lavender – Yes or No?”

1. Melissa January 17, 2013 at 8:33 pm #

I have a lavender bathroom, does that count? I love it

• Grace January 18, 2013 at 9:56 am #

Thank you for your comment, Melissa! I definitely see how this could be a good color for a bathroom! Clean and bright.

2. Janna January 17, 2013 at 11:54 pm #

Yes! Our room has been painted a grey-lavender shade for 5 yrs now and I still love it. I think it’s an underused color that looks great with bright accents.

• Grace January 18, 2013 at 9:57 am #

Janna, I bet it is beautiful! Yes, I am definitely liking the grey lavender shades I am seeing. Thank you so much for your comment! G

3. Kristen January 18, 2013 at 8:09 am #

You know I speak my mind:) My mind says no to lavender. It actually screams no to lavender. Would you like me to purchase you a poster of kittens to hang in your lavender room?

You know I love you!!!!!!!

KD

• Grace January 18, 2013 at 10:09 am #

HAHAHA!!! Thank you so much for this, KD. A good good laugh to start my day! Yes, definitely yes, I need that poster! And I need the kittens to be in a basket with yarn, pretty please.

I love you bunches.

4. Nessa January 18, 2013 at 11:01 pm #

I’ll admit that in high school when I got the chance to paint my bedroom, I jumped at a shade of lavender. It’s a shade too bright but I don’t mind it now, because it feels homey. If you’re going for light and airy, lavender and white can’t be beat!

• Grace January 21, 2013 at 8:28 pm #

Hi Nessa, I guess it goes along with your blog title, right? 😉 Thanks for reading! G